Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to square one.

My name is Greg, and I'm a lazy blogger. Glad to have got that off my chest. I started this blog in 2011 after coming home from a mountain biking holiday in Andalusia, southern Spain. I wanted to have an informal journal of my time there, so that I could look back and not just rely on my memory.

I posted up the first day, and never bothered after that. Well, I'm now back on blogger and intend to keep it going this time. I may get round to posting up the details of that holiday one day, we'll see. In the last year I've been lucky enough to cycle in some really, really good places (all in the UK this year though!) and I feel it's time to get it all written down somewhere.  I need to break the habit of not taking pictures when I'm out in the saddle, it's tough, when you're on a trail that is both beautiful and great fun, stopping and getting a camera out is not exactly top of the to do list.

As you may have already guessed, this blog will be pretty much all about mountain biking. Sorry to disappoint, but you have been warned.

The last MTB ride of 2012 was a nice wintry ride on the isle of Arran - that's where the header image came from - with a few mates, Robin, Les and Craig. Was a really good day, starting off with a lung warmer of a climb up fairy glen to cnoc na dail viewpoint, then round and over clauchlands which has some lovely, techy singletrack.

Then after much deliberation due to a combination of fading light and Robins usual faffing, we cut the ride a wee bit short. Descending down into glen cloy was fun, then another lungy climb up the goat fell main path, before peeling off to take in the lovely descent down the side of the merkland burn, finishing at Brodick castle.  Good day indeed.

That was the last MTB ride of 2012, I had a couple of road rides around new year, but that's dull, so I won't subject you to that. Happy new year, hope it brings all the bikers I know some great singletrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment