Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Local trails in the good weather.....

I've not posted for a while, but done think for a minute that I've not been biking!, no way, I've been out load, it's just that our local trails are in such good condition just now, I don't really feel the need to travel far and wide and because of that, I don't really want to be posting about riding the same areas all the time. That would be boring (I may be boring you already!).

The last couple of weeks we've been mostly riding fairlie or our little trails up by the river Ayr, around Annbank and Auchincruive estate. There are also some new purpose built trails and a pump track at Kyle academy in Ayr, which is pretty good for honing the skills. Auchincruive estate has a small wood with some mental big jumps built by some young uns, and they've even been kind enough to build some do-able doubles for us old(ish) uns as well!.

I've also started a new job in the last few weeks as well, which means I'm 7-3 mon-fri on training for the whole summer, which although being good at freeing up weekends, curtails my monthly week off riding, and also the morning spins pre-backshift.

But, we've plenty planned, fairlie last night, tomorrow and Saturday, similar next week, and then another enduro event planned for the last weekend in June, at swaledale in Yorkshire. Hopefully not as brutal as the last one!.

And it's only 3 weeks after that we head to molini di Triora and the Italian alpine goodness that it promises!. Woohoo!.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment